Old data. Digital research infrastructure and archaeological data
TrackTrack 2 Nordia Room
DescriptionIn the majority of the European countries the Valetta treaty on the protection of Archaeological Heritage from 1992 introduced a new archaeological practice based on systematic investigations prior to urban and physical infrastructure development works. The result has been a massive increase in data with a new degree of geographical coverage and representativity, which in theory holds the potential to rewrite history. However, the existing national data infrastructures were developed from the 1980es and onwards with a view to other mainly administrational objectives. To realise the research perspectives of the new archaeological data practices extensions of the existing infrastructure is required.
- A Hybrid Cloud for Norwegian HE
- A Virtual Global Infrastructure - Maximising infrastructure investment.
- Advances in the Global Network Architecture
- Benefits of student driven ISPs
- Building an Identity Federation using OpenID Connect
- Building an NREN without a Network
- Building an open HSM - The cryptech.is Project
- Building low-cost measurement infrastructure with perfSONAR
- CBF-ring in Northern Sweden, Finland and Norway
- Can we bridge the gap between average and peak loads in science networks?
- Certificate Transparency
- CodeRefinery: teaching scientists in modern software development
- Cost and benefit of NREN Cyber Risk Compliance
- DDoS Attacks on Research and Education: Stopping, Tracing and Prosecuting the Culprits
- Dynamic network provisioning over the NSI-enabled infrastructures: feedback and lessons learned from the FELIX project
- ESnet's Software Journey - From Networks to Visualization
- EUDAT – the pan-European Collaborative Data Infrastructure.
- EduKEEP: Towards a User-Centric Identity Management Model
- Emerging Software Defined Network Exchanges (SDXs)
- Forget SDN controllers, think Configuration Management
- Future Architecture of Federations
- GEANT Community Delivering Copernicus Mission Data
- Gaming e-Infrastructures to improve Interfederation Readiness
- Glenna: The Nordic Cloud Project
- Global Networks for High Energy Physics and Data Intensive Sciences: Past, Present and Future
- GÉANT Network Evolution: moving to a Software Defined Network
- Improving eduroam and WLAN in general
- InfiniCortex and InfiniCloud : a distributed way to exascale
- Information Security Management at DeiC
- Information Security Management at UNINETT
- Invitation to NDN2018
- Key management from the trenches and why you want an open HSM
- Make Security Great (Again)!
- Networking the Square Kilometre Array
- Nordic Media Group Report: Leveraging Media Services in the 21st Century
- Old data. Digital research infrastructure and archaeological data
- On Carrots and Sticks: Moving from Exams to Drills with Cryptocurrency Rewards
- Our new lecture capture setup
- Performance Monitoring of DWDM-links
- Pervasive Monitoring, 3 Years In
- Releasing Attributes for Science! - Why does this seem so difficult?
- SNIC Science Cloud (SSC): A National Cloud Infrastructure for Swedish Research
- Science DMZ's in the Philippines
- Scientific applications on an OpenStack cloud
- Securing the Internet
- Share, steward and reuse research data - European Open Science Cloud
- Software Defined Wavelengths: maximize photonic infrastructure usage and secure services
- Somewhere in the cloud is not enough
- SunetC – a story about fiber
- Supporting Student Mobility is impossible if we don't recognize our students
- The Changing NREN Landscape
- The Global Research Platform (GRP)
- The GÉANT SIG-ISM Group
- The LMS is dead, long live the digital learning platform
- The Networking Grand Challenge: Can We Rise to It?
- The role of YANG in network programming (for fun and profit)
- Three FUAS-universities of applied Sciences using Kaltura-service together in Finland
- Towards Smarter Security Analytics for the Internet of People
- UNINETT Certified Infrastructure Room
- What is an UnConference? How does it work?
- ePouta - A Cloud Platform for Sensitive Data