Digital Humanities - A New Era?
Session chairRené Belsø
DateWednesday, 15 May 2013
Time13:30 - 15:00
DescriptionResearchers in humanities are increasingly using computational methods for the analysis of large cultural data sets. Digital humanities is also involved in the creation of environments and tools for producing, curating, and interacting with knowledge that is 'born digital' and lives in various digital contexts. The computational analysis of language encompasses a range of scientific disciplines, including linguistics, lexicography, and language technology. As such, computational analysis of language is an integral element of R&D in the humanities, the social sciences, and computer science. The study of human language is inherently data-driven and, in recent decades, increasingly computational and large-scale in nature. Although several e-Infrastructure challenges within the social sciences and humanities are of disciplinary nature, there are also several commonalities such as data quality, data archiving, data access and legal and ethics aspects. Solutions to these common problems may facilitate interdisciplinary cross-walks for researchers enabling creation of new insights. Speakers include Erik Champion (Aarhus University), Stefan Oepen (University of Oslo) and Hans Jørgen Marker (DASISH/Swedish National Data Service).
- Tidying up the Basement: A Tale of Large-Scale Parsing on National eInfrastructure - Stephan Oepen
- Nordic Contributions to Developing a European Digital Services Infrastructure for Social Sciences and Humanities - Hans Jørgen Marker
- Nordic Opportunities for Digital Humanities - Erik Champion
- Panel discussion
- Closing Plenary
- Cloud Computing - Opportunities and Challenges
- Data Services and Technologies
- Digital Humanities - A New Era?
- Opening Session
- WLCG - quo vadis?
- Workshop: Infrastructure as a Service for the Life Sciences
- Workshop: Infrastructure as a Service for the Life Sciences, Cont'd.
- Workshop: Center Operations best practices
- Workshop: Center Operations best practices,Cont'd.
- Workshop: Data Services
- Workshop: Data Services, Cont'd.
- Workshop: Science Gateways
- Workshop: Science Gateways, Cont'd
- Workshop: Security I
- Workshop: Security II
- Workshop: Security III
- Workshop: Security IV